Taskbar - PC-style productivity for Android
You are Downloading Taskbar - PC-style productivity for Android Latest APK 5.0.1. Last Updated: Aug 7, 2020.
Taskbar - PC-style productivity for Android developed by Braden Farmer is listed under category Tools 4.1/5 average rating on Google Play by 3725 users).
Taskbar - PC-style productivity for Android's main feature is Start menu, recent app launcher, and freeform window enabler for Android 7.0+!.
Taskbar - PC-style productivity for Android apk was fetched from play store which means it is unmodified and original.Details
Taskbar puts a start menu and recent apps tray on top of your screen that's accessible at any time, increasing your productivity and turning your Android tablet (or phone) into a real multitasking machine!
On devices running Android 7.0+, Taskbar can also launch apps in freeform windows for a PC-like experience! No root required! (see below for instructions)
Taskbar is also fully supported on Chrome OS - use Taskbar as a secondary Android app launcher on your Chromebook!
Featured on PhoneArena, Liliputing, AndroidHeadlines, XDA-Developers, Android Police, 9to5Google, Tested, Android Community, All About Android, Android Authority, AddictiveTips, Lifehacker, WonderHowTo, and Computerworld!
If you find Taskbar useful, please consider upgrading to the Donate Version! Simply tap the "Donate" option at the bottom of the app (or, on the web, click here).
• Start menu - shows you all applications installed on the device, configurable as a list or as a grid
• Recent apps tray - shows your most recently used apps and lets you easily switch between them
• Collapsible and hideable - show it when you need it, hide it when you don't
• Many different configuration options - customize Taskbar however you want
• Pin favorite apps or block the ones you don't want to see
• Designed with keyboard and mouse in mind
• 100% free, open source, and no ads
Freeform window mode (Android 7.0+)
Taskbar lets you launch apps in freeform floating windows on Android 7.0+ devices. No root access is required, although Android 8.0, 8.1, and 9 devices require an adb shell command to be run during initial setup.
Simply follow these steps to configure your device for launching apps in freeform mode:
1. Check the box for "Freeform window support" inside the Taskbar app
2. Follow the directions that appear in the pop-up to enable the proper settings on your device (one-time setup)
3. Go to your device's recent apps page and clear all recent apps
4. Start Taskbar, then select an app to launch it in a freeform window
For more information and detailed instructions, click "Help & instructions for freeform mode" inside the Taskbar app.
This app uses Accessibility services.
Draw over other apps:
Allows the app to draw on top of other applications or parts of the user interface. They may interfere with your use of the interface in any application, or change what you think you are seeing in other applications.
Run at startup:
Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the device and allow the app to slow down the overall device by always running.
Update component usage statistics:
Allows the app to modify collected component usage statistics. Not for use by normal apps.