Oxford Learner's Academic Dict
You are Downloading Oxford Learner's Academic Dict Latest APK 126.96.36.199. Last Updated: Nov 22, 2016.
Oxford Learner's Academic Dict developed by Oxford University Press ELT. is listed under category Books & Reference 3.8/5 average rating on Google Play by 442 users).
Oxford Learner's Academic Dict's main feature is Understand the words and phrases used in academic writing.
Oxford Learner's Academic Dict apk was fetched from play store which means it is unmodified and original.
Minor bug fixesDetails
Oxford Learner's Dictionary of Academic English
Winner, Innovation in Learner Resources, British Council ELTon Awards 2015
Awarded “BEST OF 2016 - INNOVATIONSPREIS-IT” by Initiative Mittelstand
IMPORTANT: This free download will give you 100 sample entries from the dictionary. An in-app purchase is required to activate the full dictionary.
Are you are learner of English who needs to do academic writing in English?
Understand the words and phrases used in academic writing. Learn how to use them in your own written work.
The Oxford Learner's Dictionary of Academic English (OLDAE) is the learner's dictionary that focuses exclusively on academic English. If you are a non-native English speaker studying an academic subject in English, this dictionary app will help you understand academic texts and will help you improve your own academic writing.
• 22,000 words, phrases and meanings clearly explained, with the focus on their usage in academic writing
• Informed by the 85-million-word Oxford Corpus of Academic English
• Over 50,000 corpus-based example sentences
• 690 collocation notes show over 26,000 collocations (words that are used together)
• 120 Thesaurus notes, Language Banks, Grammar Points and Which Word? notes
• Word lists for four subject areas (physical sciences, life sciences, social sciences and humanities) that you can add to or edit
• Create and organize your own lists of favourite words
• Words in the Academic Word List are all labelled
• Hear all the words spoken by real British and American English voices
• Use Full Dictionary Search to find your word in any phrase, collocation or example sentence in the dictionary
• ‘Did you mean…?' function and wild card search allow you to find a word even if you don't know the spelling
• View History to see the last 100 words you looked up
• All the dictionary text is live – tap to instantly look up a word
• App designed for phones and tablets
Recommended for learners of English who are
• Studying academic subjects in English at university or college
• Studying on foundation or pre-sessional courses
• B1-C2 level in English (intermediate – advanced)
Oxford Learner's Academic Dict APK Identity: find accounts on the device
Oxford Learner's Academic Dict APK Contacts: find accounts on the device
Oxford Learner's Academic Dict APK Phone: read phone status and identity
Oxford Learner's Academic Dict APK Photos/Media/Files: modify or delete the contents of your USB storage,read the contents of your USB storage
Oxford Learner's Academic Dict APK Storage: modify or delete the contents of your USB storage,read the contents of your USB storage
Oxford Learner's Academic Dict APK Wi-Fi connection information: view Wi-Fi connections
Oxford Learner's Academic Dict APK Device ID & call information: read phone status and identity
Oxford Learner's Academic Dict APK other: full network access,view network connections,prevent device from sleeping,receive data from Internet
Find accounts on the device:
Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the device. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.
Full network access:
Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage:
Allows the app to write to the USB storage.
Prevent device from sleeping:
Allows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.
Read phone status and identity:
Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
Read the contents of your USB storage:
Allows the app to read the contents of your USB storage.
Receive data from Internet:
Allows apps to accept cloud to device messages sent by the app's service. Using this service will incur data usage. Malicious apps could cause excess data usage.
View network connections:
Allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
View Wi-Fi connections:
Allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.