You are Downloading MTC Sound Latest APK 2.0.0. Last Updated: Oct 20, 2016.
MTC Sound developed by 7floor is listed under category Other 3.8/5 average rating on Google Play by 399 users).
MTC Sound's main feature is Download MTC Sound apk latest version..
MTC Sound apk was fetched from play store which means it is unmodified and original.
- Now also works on Android Lollipop 5.1.1 on MTCB/MTCC/MTCD head units
- Now works on Android Lollipop 5.1.1 on MTCB/MTCC/MTCD devices.Details
Note: requires a hardware modification, useless without it!
For MTCB/MTCC/MTCD Chinese car head units, based on Android KitKat 4.4.4 and Lollipop 5.1.1.
Microntek Car Head Units based on RK3066 / RK3188 processors have so called Sound Processor IC made by ROHM, the BD37xxxx family.
This sound processor has the following functions:
• Three-band parametric equalizer with adjustments of gain in range -20dB – +20dB, frequency and Q-factor of the filter in each band.
• Configurable loudness module with gain in range from 0dB to +20dB, and adjustment of filter frequency and the level of high frequencies suppression.
• Setting of subwoofer output, including selection of signal source, cut-off frequency, phase, and gain.
In stock implementation, this IC is controlled by another 8051-based controller (called MCU) which controls all the onboard hardware, such as display, hardware buttons, BT module, video switch, etc. The way it controls the Sound Processor IC is very limited and in some aspects wrong:
• Instead of 3-band parametric equalizer, we have a 9-band graphical one, with strange logic – each of three groups of three bands controls a single hardware band, averaging their values; and the adjustments range is only +-10dB.
• Loudness compensation does not use a built-in hardware circuit, but just adds some bass and treble, which is a way not the same.
• Subwoofer output is fixed and cannot be configured.
The mtcsound module allows for direct control of all the built-in function the Sound Processor directly from Android, overcoming limitations of stock implementation, and allowing to tune the sound quality to the best, with only minor hardware modifications.
Besides of that, in stock implementation, equalizer presets apply to any input, be it System, Radio, DVD etc. My experience tells me that it is desirable to have a separate equalizer settings per input. The Radio sounds differently than Media Player or DVD, so it needs to be adjusted differently.
In addition, a Preamp value that can be found in Factory settings was pulled for live adjustment. It is needed to equalize the volume of different inputs.